Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thingiverse Customizable Print

As I start to learn how to use the printer I am trying different types of prints so I can learn some of the pitfalls of my system.  I looked up customizable files on Thingiverse and found some crystal like structures that you can change the height, width, number of components, etc.  When these files become complex I found that the slicer software takes a lot more time to read the file.  The next time I find a complex file I want to print, I will put it into the software and go to bed.  I think the software had problems reading the file when it did the slicing because of the look of this piece. If you notice, the top of the smaller section has a squared of point instead of a diamond tip like the larger section.  At the same level there is an off set section on the larger component of the piece.